Sunday, September 15, 2013

Success!



And at very long last - here are the planted seeds! Told you I'd do it! Let me tell you, today was so not the day, given that it was storming most of the day, but at least they are encased in their little pods of dirt.

I will also say that it was sort of... anticlimactic, once I got to it. After all, it's just one little tray with three different types of seeds. Once I dodged the rain, it probably took half an hour or less to do this. And already they are wrong...

For example, apparently, you are supposed to plant squash in "hills". As you see, what they got were tiny little peat cups. If they come up, then we'll discuss hills. And the beans? They instruct you to plant them near a six foot high trellis. Do I have one of those lying around? Nope. Then there are the peas that my mother assures me I will not have room for when they grow.

So expectations?  -->




*sigh* Such high hopes! And they haven't even sprouted yet! What if they don't? I might very well be crushed. Those who know me know that I have detested the very idea of gardening for most of my adult life, so the fact that I got these planted at all says a LOT. But it would truly suck if they didn't sprout. 

But then - what if they do?! Then I have to make hills, and find a trellis, and... it just goes on and on! Yikes! Presumably, however, I will also get fresh veggies out of this if I follow through, right? Keep your fingers crossed.

Here they are in their resting place for now:


This is Florida, after all. That has to help. Though at this point, all I can do now is hope. 

But on another front - the TC is up to *7*!! And two actual peppers! Pictures of those tomorrow.

Take it easy!

:D



No comments:

Post a Comment