Sunday, September 22, 2013

How Bad Am I?

So here's a picture of my basil as it currently exists:



Pretty sad, isn't it? Thing is - I do nothing to take care of it. Well, that's not true - every now and then I dump some water on it. Given that it's Hurricane season here now, there's rain nearly every day, however. 

I really wanted fresh basil, so last year when my mom was here for Thanksgiving, we bought some plants and pots and my mom planted them for me. (She did loads of planting last year. She's a great mom!) I had all these plans of growing it, and making a garlic-less pesto to freeze, so many dishes to actually cook, you name it. I was told that when it got "woody" to just cut off all the basil and start over.

So - 



at one point I cut off all the leaves and such, and guess what - they sat in my fridge. I never got it cleaned and chopped and frozen. Okay, so maybe I have more work to do on this preserving type of discipline.

But the thing is - the plants are still there. And still growing basil. I did cut off the old, dead sticks before I took this picture. And I even cut some of this basil for spaghetti sauce tonight. My dilemma, however, is what to do with this?

I have issues tossing living, green plants. But this isn't in that great a shape. What I am considering is consolidating what's left of the basil into one plant and see how it fares. At least I'm giving the stuff a chance, right?

Any other suggestions? 

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment