Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Help! And Not the Song!

I am having some plant emergencies!

Maybe not emergencies, but I definitely need help, especially from my sister and mom, the plant gurus...

First - the Aloe




I have more freakin' aloe than I know what to do with. It was lush and green and had grown so much all the pots were once again packed tight with it. Now... it all has these black spots. I tried looking it up on the internet and the best I got was that I was watering it too much. I quit watering it so much, the spots are marginally better, but - they are still there, as you see. Ideas?

Then there's Ruby, the tomato plant...


I have no idea what the problem is. Can anyone take a guess? It is *only* Ruby, neither Henrietta nor George have this problem...







Ruby's tomatoes are still there, and have grown a bit (kinda hard to see in the pictures). But the leaves are all... being eaten. 

Help! Plant RX needed! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks in advance for any help. The rest of my plants seem to be doing really well right now. These are the troublemakers... *sigh*

PS - my Trivia team sucked eggs tonight, dangit!














2 comments:

  1. The spots are not going to heal up. Plants don't work that way. Pull off the spotty leaves and the new growth should be better. It is probably caused by the plants growing too densely. That raises the humidity and humidity promotes fungus (spots.) Spray the tomatoes with soap spray and hot pepper water. Neither of these problems is fatal. But thin the aloe anyway and if it really bugs you pray it with baking soda or sulphur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say a fungal infection too. Maybe if you've had a lot of rain and the droplets have sat on the fronds for a while, then it's been attacked.

    ReplyDelete