Monday, September 16, 2013

Looky! Look Look Look!

Look! Look, look, look! Look close and tell me what you see!!



That's right - those are PEPPERS!! Honest to goodness bell peppers, my friend, on the plant! There are other flowers on this plant, but sadly, no flowers or peppers on the other. There are teeny tiny buds on it, and at one point there were flowers. Dunno what happened there, but at least this tells me that peppers will grow again on my ol' homestead! ha ha!

I also know to pick them. I've read they do not get as big as the store bought ones, so these will not languish as I bemoan the fact they grow no larger. Nope, no sirree - once these babies stop getting bigger, I'm yanking them right off that plant. Well, maybe not "yank", per se. A strong tug will do, I hope.

On the seed front - no little sprouts yet, if you can believe it. How long must I be tortured with not knowing their fate?! It is more than any woman should have to bear...  

For now, it's bedtime though. I know farmers are supposed to get up early, but um, technically, I don't think two peppers and seven tomatoes exactly make me a farmer... 

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment