Thursday, March 19, 2015

Quotable Thursday!

I Googled this - no idea who the image belongs to,
but it's perfect for tonight's quote...
Brand new quote tonight! Like seriously - Brand. Spankin'. New. I read it *tonight* and it struck me as so awesome I am putting it in my quote book *And* using it for tonight's quote. 

It's from this book called The Fault In Our Stars, which I will admit, I am way behind the times on. I had sort of heard of the book, didn't even realize it was a movie, and well... here we are, lol. Some students in one of my classes elected to read it, so I figured I should, as well, so I know what it's about, all that good teacher stuff.

I have had trouble putting the book down long enough to write this, lol. I have a feeling there will be other quotes from it that end up in the Quote Book, but for now, here goes. And as always, sorry I can't seem to get my own pithy thoughts organized better to share them with you...

"(This is an old argument in the field of Thinking About Suffering, and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries, but suffice it to say that the existence of broccoli does not in any way affect the taste of chocolate.)"
John Green
The Fault In Our Stars

I read that quote, and read it again, read it out loud... and it just struck me. Hard and deep. Maybe one of these days I will tackle explaining why and how many of these quotes resonate with me. For now, however, take from them, this one especially, what you will. It would be great to hear what you think!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment