Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Eggplant Lasagna Part 1



I know I've been going on and on about this eggplant that I've grown. It's all just so shocking and surprising for a number of reasons, lol. First - that it grew, and grew so well! And second - that I was excited about that fact - ha! But as was pointed out to me, eggplant is so nebulous, it more absorbs the flavor of what it's cooked with. So why not grow it, I figured. Because that's true - if I cook it with something good, it'll taste good  :D

But ever since I heard about using eggplant rather than noodles in lasagna, I knew I was even more sold. And this is going to be a two parter because it took me two days to make it, for one. It takes a while to get it all out about what I did, too, for anyone that actually wants to know the steps, lol.

First - I had to harvest the stuff! Everything I read told me that harvesting eggplant was difficult and to have some garden shears or something because the stems are tough to cut through. Well, the websites were right. And since I don't have garden shears, I got out the loppers - as you can see here.

Second - I have never made lasagna before tonight. It took prep work last night, and more stuff tonight, but I'm just going to say... it was Y-U-M-M-Y!

Third - It's late and there's a lot involved in the recipe. So I'll get working on the details tomorrow. Suffice it to say, I will absolutely make this again! Tons to freeze, too, which is always a plus! Check back tomorrow for more pictures and my own recipe that I made up as I went along... lol.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment