Thursday, March 12, 2015

Quotable Thursday!

Here we are again, one day away from Fantastic Friday! And that means that it's Quotable Thursday  :D

I'm kind of digging this feature, I'll be honest. It makes me go through my quote book on a weekly basis and that's some history there, it is. Stuff that really struck a chord with me at certain times in my life and stuff. I wonder if I'd put some of those same quotes in there now if I was just seeing them for the first time, or if they really are "time specific". A lot of them still resonate in some way, but I suspect much of it might be because of the memories. Reminding me of what I have learned - and what I am still working on, haha.

Things ring true for all different reasons. What does it for you?

Tonight's quote is sort of more pithy in nature, but I like it, and it's good advice I think. It's by Theodore Roosevelt, and I don't remember where I saw it. But clearly I liked it enough to put it in the book, and I still like it now. So here we go...

"Nine tenths of wisdom is being wise in time."
Theodore Roosevelt.

Could that be more true? Hindsight is great, but if only we could always be aware of the right choice to make, the best course of action in any given situation. Unfortunately we have to muddle through as best we can, right? And learn for the next time.

In the meantime, Happy Thursday! Thanks for reading!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment