Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Wild" Sweet Potatoes - Catch Up Part 5

One thing Mom and I did while she was here was to empty some of the tubs that no longer had things in them, work in new dirt, and so on. That will be tomorrow's post. Today's is just... funny, or possibly bizarre, I'll leave that for you to decide.

The original haul of sweet potatoes!
As you may or may not remember, I've been growing sweet potatoes. A few months ago I finally dug them up and I got a *lot* of them. So some were eaten, and some were re-planted. I haven't dug any of them up yet.

However... as Mom and I moved one of the tubs so we could empty and refill it, a tub next to the sweet potato tub, look what we found.

Those, my friends, are sweet potatoes that were growing under the other tub. Oh yeah, they were! To say we were surprised would be an understatement. And as you may or may not be able to tell, the potatoes are still rather small. So - what to do? How about I show you...

Why yes, that is what it is, lol. A small pot full of dirt, with the little potatoes (that are still joined to the ones in the big tub, if you couldn't tell from the picture) planted in it. I have no earthly idea if they will grow or not, but considering they were growing with no dirt under a tub, I am cautiously optimistic, lol.

How's them apples? Or um... potatoes...ha!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment